Sunday, January 20, 2008

My quest

Today I ordered the Sole F85 treadmill. I had to take this step. With my life and routine, it is very hard for me to find the time to go to the gym for a run. The effort required to manage the gym bag is an extra hindrance. Now I will have this machine in my house. And I promise myself that I will not let it go waste.

Right now with my height of 5'8" and a weight of 195lb my BMI is 29.64, which is bordering on obesity. My goal by the end of the year is to get my weight to 175lb. This will give me a BMI of 26.6. I will still be in the overweight category but much better than what I am now.

Next year I will run a full marathon. By the time I run the marathon I will be 165lb, which is a BMI of 25.08, a tad above the 18.5 - 24.9 range recommended for my height.

I will start with a routine of 30 minute runs and try to do 2 - 2.5 miles for the first month. I will run everyday. Once I register a weight of less than 190lb at home I will move to 3 mile runs. Also I will go to the gym 2-3 times a week for weight training.

I cannot fail. I will not fail.

No comments: